Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

We worked only Friday and Saturday, as Sunday was Mother's Day.

Dad spent the weekend stuccoing around the newly installed windows.  First he had to lay wire.  Then mix and apply stucco.


Laying the wire around the windows took considerably longer than he thought it would.  In the two days, he got the first layer done on all four windows.  They have X's in them to help them bond to the top coat when it gets applied.


Mom spent a good part of Friday putting up double closet in the master bedroom.  She planned on finishing it quickly, but it had other plans.  She got it finished, eventually, but then didn't have as much time to clean ceiling as she thought.  The guest bedroom (by far the cleanest of the house) still has a bit to go, but then she'll be done with that task forever!

I did a variety of things over the two days.  I applied quite a bit of joint compound, trying to smooth out walls and joints before we texture.  I also put spray foam around the guest room windows and filled in some ceiling cracks from outside the house (if you look at the roof-line in the first picture, you can just make out some yellow foam).  I also marked where the light/fans are going to be installed in the two bedrooms and drilled the holes for them.  I then went a hunt to find wire to connect them to circuits.  I found one piece right away, but another longer enough wasn't appearing so it was beginning to look like I would have to buy some.  Then, I looked around the shed some more and saw a nice long piece that was still connecting two outlets even though the shed no longer has electricity.  Disconnecting it from the two outlets took quite a while (and some wrenching of my already hurt and braced wrist).

Sunday, we hiked to waterfalls in honor of Mother's Day.  I love you, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment