Monday, April 4, 2011

Groundcover

Sunday was busy!

My soccer game was at 11, so I did some tilling before I left.  That way, Mom would just have to separate the roots out when she arrived.  That's exactly what I found her doing when I got back home.  We then ate lunch as we were both really hungry.

After lunch, we finished the tilling and root separating.  Dad came back from his trip during this time and helped us finish that off.  Still some more tilling to do, but it's in the area of no groundcover, so it's not urgent.

Then, we started planting!  Dad and I planted, while Mom got leaves from the backyard to put around the plants.  That's how we spent the last three working hours of the day.  Got it all done!  Now I can't wait for the iceplant (in three colors) to establish itself and cover the area.


Near the start of planting time I got startled by a large rat just laying next to the tree.  It didn't move when I approached - looked like it was dying.  I picked it up with a shovel and it didn't care at all.  We're hoping it was dying from being poisoned and not the bubonic plague or anything.  We didn't touch it all, but we don't want any of that nastiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment