Saturday, April 30, 2011

More of the Same

We started Friday morning by doing some clean up work from last weekend.  We had to vacuum up all the sheetrock mess so that it wouldn't be in the way when we put up the plywood and new sheetrock.  This wall, like the other back bedroom wall, had it's diagonal bracing cut, so we had to install plywood to increase its shear strength.  After cleaning up, Mom and I put the insulation back in the wall.  Then, Dad and I got to work measuring, cutting, and installing the plywood.


I wasn't terribly helpful with the installation aspect as my wrist still seems to be suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome.  I could, however, cut and measure.

During this time, Mom got started back on her favorite task - washing ceiling!  This time in the master bedroom.  She was quite excited.

After Dad and I got the plywood up, we started on the dry wall.  We got most of that up and I was able to be more helpful with it as we attached it with a combination of nails (Dad) and screws (me).

No comments:

Post a Comment