Monday, February 28, 2011

Sore Arms

Sunday morning Dad and I continue working on the kitchen sink.  We attached two countertops to their respective cabinets with silicone.  Then we did the same with the sink, being very careful to clean up all the squeezed out stuff so it won't be visible on the counter.  That part was messy, but we got it done.  Dad then went to work getting all the plumbing connections joined under the sink.  That took him most of the day.


While he did that, Mom continued her battle with the hall wallboard.  She was using 2 pieces of 1/4" board (we had a bunch left over from the heater hole).  At one edge, it would be flush with the 1/2" piece adjacent to it.  At one edge it would bulge and be almost 5/8".  She planed that edge down and was finally successfully.  I knew she would win the war!!  When she finished that, she spent the rest of the day with joint compound smoothing out joints and all those ragged edges from the scraped paint.

I spent most of the day outside with the weed whacker attacking the jungle that had sprung up recently.


I earned a blister and sore arms for my efforts.  It took several hours (not sure exactly how many since I wasn't actually paying attention to the time).  Looks much better now.  Sorry, no before/after pics.

After Dad and I finished our jobs, we hung some cabinets in the bathroom.  They'll give me some much needed extra space there.  Putting those up was not fun.  Everything was super heavy yesterday with my sore arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment