Tuesday, December 21, 2010

ReStore Extravaganza!

Today started with another trip to ReStore.  We were hoping to find a toilet tank to replace my cracked one.  And, of course, whatever other wonderfulness we might find.

We didn't find the toilet tank, but we struck it rich in wonderfulness!  Our haul: 2 gallons of primer/sealant, 1 gallon of Killz, a porch light fixture with motion sensor, about 3 pounds or so of nails, and a medicine cabinet.  You'll never believe how much all of this cost me.  I dare you to take a guess.  I'll post the amount at the end, so you can take a stab at it.

After a late lunch, Dad and I bought stucco to fix the outside part of the random A/C hole.  While we were gone, Mom put up the last piece of drywall surrounding the hole on the inside.  Getting back, Dad set to work prepping the hole.  We'll do some stuccoing tomorrow.  I mixed up joint compound and put the first layer on the sheetrock.




**For those of you wanting to check your guess, here's my grand total for all of those items: $21.21.  How'd you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment