Friday, March 11, 2011

Electrical Problems

Sunday night, I flipped a switch and he bulb burnt out.  No big deal.  Except it was.  Turned out that it had blow the circuit.  None of the light switches on that side of the house worked any more.  As I was going to bed, I figured I would change the circuit breaker in the morning before work.

Monday morning I head out to the electric panel, turn off all the power and attempt to remove the blown circuit. It really doesn't want to budge and I have to get to work.  I leave it until Tuesday.

Tuesday, I try again.  This time I successfully manage to pry it out with a screw driver.  I replace the breaker and test the lights.  Nothing.  I then reroute the wire to an unused breaker already on the panel. Nothing.  Great.  This is going to be more of a pain than it should be.  When I talk with Dad on the phone, he says that a wire has come undone somewhere along the circuit.  That will be today's priority.  I hope it's not too time consuming.  There are more fun and interesting projects that need to be accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment