Sunday, March 13, 2011

Finishing Up the Weekend

Saturday:  Dad crawled around the attic laying electrical wire.  The circuit works and is ready to be used.  I helped with that and did some other random things that needed doing (I think the lost of hour of time took away my memory of what I actually did.)  I patched a hole in the hallway that I created on Friday. (That actually took most of the time because cutting wallboard with a razor nice is slow work and then I had to repeatedly slice it down to fit the actual hole.  The I taped it and put up the first layer of joint compound.) Mom did some touching up of some baseboards and evening some drywall compound.  It was an early quit day as I had things to do with my girls.

When I arrived back home from soccer this morning, I found Mom emptying my fridge so that it could be moved.  Yay! A fridge in my kitchen!  This evening, out of habit, I walked into the garage to get what I needed from the fridge.  =)


Dad and I then spent the afternoon installing my over-the-range microwave.  This took quite a bit of time - mostly spent attaching the mounting board and prepping the overhead cabinet with strategically placed holes.  It looks great!  And I now have a fully functional kitchen!


Things still to do in the kitchen: toekick, trim around the top of the cabinets, venting the microwave, and the backsplash.

Mom spent the afternoon texturing the hallway.  I gave her a brief lesson and she went to town.  It was quite amusing to hear her pressing the trowel against the wall while we were working in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment