Friday, January 7, 2011

City Code Enforcement Inspection

So, inspection was scheduled yesterday at 8:30 am.  On my way there, Mom calls and says the inspector is there already!  She was actually there when Mom and Dad got there.  They got the inspection all done before I arrived - I got a recap.  Inspector says it looks good to her, but I need to get a Special Inspection by the Building Department before it can be officially signed off.  However, the Unsafe to Occupy signs can be removed. Yay!!

I head over to City Hall and the Building Department before I have to leave for work.  There, they tell me it will be better to get a building permit than a Special Inspection.  The special is good for just one inspection, so if anything else was found, I would need another and have to pay again.  So, I applied for a building permit to remove the unpermitted structure.  I know it sounds weird, but, hey, it's bureaucracy.  So, I called and the inspector for that will be coming out this afternoon.  Hopefully, it all goes well and I can be done with that annoying stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment