Friday, January 21, 2011

Something's Done!

I got to the house about 9:45 this morning with some boxes to put in the garage for the start of the moving process.  I found out that my parents had stopped by yesterday and got some more ceilings cleaned - the study got finished and the kitchen halfway.  I went to work in the study adding joint compound to the uneven spots.  After my third batch, it was just after 11 and I was wondering what happened to Mom and Dad as they hadn't arrived yet.  I called and that's when they were pulling up.  They had needed to stop at a few stores on the way in.

After some chit chat we got to work.  Mom, shockingly enough, cleaned ceilings.  Dad installed the molding in the bathroom.


I kept working on the walls in the study.  One corner had to be redone entirely.  The original corner tape was coming undone and needed to be removed.  There was quite a large gap that needed to be taped and compounded.  End result:


Dad and I moved the vanity back into the bathroom.  He then connected the plumbing.  And, it's a completed (mostly) bathroom.  Just need to put the cover plates on the switches and outlets and clean the ceiling.


I continued removing kitchen tile while Dad rescrewed some of the loose wallboard in the study.  Just in time, too, since I'll likely be texturing the walls tomorrow.


That back splash is now almost entirely gone, and my ears stopped ringing just a few hours ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment