Monday, January 24, 2011

There's a Lot of Dust and Stuff in the Air

Dad started the morning off by sanding the texture in the study.  Dust everywhere in that enclosed room.  Good thing he was wearing his respirator - I don't think he could have taken a breath without it!  It seeped out into the rest of the house and gave the air a hazy quality.  Mom and I primed the living room (Mom wasn't cleaning ceilings - she loved it!).  I did the edges with the brush and she did the rest with the roller.  Dad started priming the study.  That pretty much took up the morning.

After lunch, Dad finished priming while Mom and I did some destruction.  I removed the rest of the tile from the kitchen counter.  This time, I was smart and wore ear plugs so my ears weren't ringing when I was finished.  Tile chunks were flying everywhere, so I was glad I had put on my protective glasses as well.  As a matter of fact, that night, as I was running my fingers through my hair, a quarter inch square piece of ceramic glaze came out.  Mom came behind me, sometimes warily, and removed the backer board for the tile.


After Dad finished priming, he was looking for things to do.  He attached the TP holder in the bathroom and caulked the vanity.


After the tile and backer board were done, Mom and Dad talked in the living room while I removed the kitchen sink.


Alas, Mom and Dad's conversation led to more work for next weekend.  It turns out that we didn't look at the living room window close enough.  It's nailing flange doesn't appear to be nailed into anything.  We need to cut out some wallboard, replace it with a 1x to nail to, and then recover, texture, and prime it.  Oh, joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment