Saturday, January 22, 2011

Magical Work

This morning started with me moving some more stuff into the garage.  Dad was putting joint compound to the needed parts of the study and Mom was cleaning ceilings.  I started to sand the living room texture so that painting could commence, however, I ended up making more work for us instead.  I discovered that the ceiling molding on one wall had been removed after we textured it.  The paint there had loosened up and needed scraping.  Silly me, I thought this would be a relatively quick job.  Oh, no.....the paint just would not stop coming off in this one place.  It ended up being about the size of a pillow when it finally stopped scraping off.  That's when I had to stop, as it was time to go to a birthday party for a 1-year-old.

Upon my return, something magical had happened.  The kitchen ceiling was just about totally cleaned (now it is) and the study had been almost completely textured.  My parents are the best!


I finally did sand the living room.  We'll be priming the living room and study tomorrow.  Whoohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment